**What You Will Do**
In the role of Senior Network Engineer, you will have a wide array of responsibilities, including:
- Deploying and supporting a variety of network technologies and solutions, including Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Cisco Nexus iOS, Catalyst iOS, Cisco SDWAN, Cisco ISE, Cisco DNA Center, Meraki, A10 load balancers, APCON, Fortinet, and Palo Alto, for a prominent global financial firm.
- Engaging in design and build projects and collaborating with other engagement architects and internal stakeholders to maintain, deploy, and troubleshoot network infrastructure.
- Demonstrating in-depth knowledge and understanding of network routing, encompassing BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, network tagging, and cloud networking for AWS and Azure.
- Operating within diverse technology environments, including data centers, local offices, and cloud-based infrastructure, incorporating both traditional route/switch technologies and software-defined networks.
- Participating in regular on-call shifts, including weekends, and utilizing various troubleshooting applications such as Solarwinds, Extrahop, AppViewX, Service Now, and PagerDuty for problem resolution.
Your responsibilities will encompass:
- Implementing, supporting, maintaining, and deploying LAN/WAN solutions using Cisco and other vendor equipment and software.
- Leading specific design build initiatives within projects.
- Collaborating to resolve real-time production issues efficiently.
- Conducting daily network health checks to ensure optimal performance.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with internal clients.
- Assisting internal leaders in developing solutions and guiding them toward best practices.
- Identifying opportunities for optimization and prioritizing activities to enhance network deployments.
- Assisting with project mobilization efforts.
- Supporting the creation and update of diagrams and asset lists for internal development.
- Developing collateral for practice areas, including Method of Procedures (MOPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Day of Plans (DOPs).
- Contributing to the development of assets and intellectual property such as playbooks and templates.
- Providing analysis, documentation, configuration, testing, and implementation of networking solutions, particularly those interfacing with local and wide area networks.
- Participating in regular on-call shifts spanning weekdays and weekends.
- Collaborating with project teams to understand customer technical requirements and aiding in generating integration and migration plans for technology solutions.
- Offering advanced data center networking implementation, support, and troubleshooting services.
- Monitoring networks to maximize performance and troubleshoot network problems and outages, including upgrades to network devices and circuit deployments.
- Assisting in disaster recovery procedures, including backups, configuration documentation, hardware device recovery, and asset inventory management.
To excel in this role, you should have:
- Over 10 years of hands-on network engineering experience, preferably within global enterprises, particularly in the Financial Services sector.
- Cisco CCIE certification, with a route/switch focus, being highly preferred.
- Profound experience in extracting requirements, producing designs, strategies, project plans, and detailed documentation and training for solution implementation.
- Relevant consulting experience, demonstrating strong Cisco subject matter expertise.
- Competency in working with security technologies, such as Palo Alto and Fortinet firewalls.
- Exposure and experience with telco carriers to manage provider issues.
- Project management skills, including the ability to work independently and within teams.
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve issues effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, with adaptability to dynamic environments.
- In-depth knowledge of IP routing protocols, including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and ACI data center fabric understanding.
- Familiarity with networking automation using tools such as Python, REST, Ansible, Terraform, and others for efficient network configuration and policy changes.
- The capability to identify significant technology trends and share insights with leadership and internal clients to support solutions.
- Proficiency in hardware programming and support for various Cisco devices, including Nexus, Catalyst, ACi, and more.
- Experience with IP, DHCP, DNS administration, IDS/IPS, firewall, DMZ, VPN, and TACACS.
- A dedication to providing "white-glove" level service to both internal and external clients.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure and in high-pressure situations.
- Flexibility to meet emergency deadlines outside of normal work hours and the ability to manage crises efficiently.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to maintain accurate records and schedules.