In this role, your responsibilities encompass a wide range of activities related to network infrastructure and security. These include:
1. Designing, planning, configuring, and implementing site and global networking gateways, routers, switches, firewalls, and collaborating with external vendors and partners as needed.
2. Troubleshooting and resolving network and communication-related issues and events to ensure uninterrupted network functionality.
3. Leveraging automation tools to monitor, configure, and deploy network infrastructure efficiently.
4. Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation, including network processes, procedures, migration plans, and implementation requirements.
5. Collaborating closely with Information Security teams to maintain a secure network topology, implementing network segmentation, IDS/IPS, and other intrusion detection methods and tools to safeguard company servers and workstations from cyber threats.
6. Adhering to established processes, best practices, technology standards, and compliance regulations in the support, development, and management of network devices, systems, and services.
7. Managing, maintaining, and monitoring network systems, devices, and services to ensure their integrity and security.
8. Coordinating solutions with internal employees, staff, external vendors, and partners to meet network requirements.
9. Integrating new networking technologies with existing services and systems to enhance network capabilities.
10. Staying up-to-date on industry best practices and emerging solutions, and making recommendations for infrastructure improvements.
11. Keeping abreast of network-related exploits, technology trends, and other fields relevant to the role.
12. Collaborating with vendors to enhance network service operations and availability.
13. Leading training and knowledge-sharing sessions for engineering teams to foster continuous learning.
14. Actively participating in innovation programs and initiatives to drive technological advancements.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Over 5 years of experience in managing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise-class network systems, devices, and solutions at an engineer level.
- More than 5 years of experience in managing and maintaining enterprise-class software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN).
- At least 3 years of experience with Juniper EX and SRX series.
- At least 3 years of experience with Mist wireless access point configuration.
- Extensive experience with SD-WAN products from vendors like VMWare Velocloud, Juniper SSR, Silver Peak, or Fortinet.
- Recent experience with Juniper Wired Assurance network management platform, and experience with Juniper JunOS is preferred.
- Proficiency in working within mixed operating system environments, including Windows Server, Windows desktop, and Linux.
- Familiarity with network automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Expert-level knowledge of network hardware, network device integrated operating systems, network design principles, networking best practices, and network protocols and routing.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to analyze real-time network traffic to assist with incident management and resolution.
- A demonstrated innovative and proactive approach to improving network systems and services.
- Strong teamwork skills and self-motivation to make valuable individual contributions.
- The capability to physically rack mount up to 2U devices without additional assistance.
- Some potential for domestic and international travel.
- Availability for on-call duties from 8-5 pm PT, with some Friday night and weekend maintenance window work.
**Technologies We Use**
You'll be working with a range of technologies, including but not limited to:
- AWS and Azure Cloud Networking (VPC, VNet, Direct Connect, ExpressRoute, Peering, Transit Gateway, etc.)
- SDN technologies (SD-WAN, VeloCloud, Palo Alto VPN, DIA, BGP, etc.)
- LAN Hardware and Services (Juniper, Mist, Wired Assurance, VLAN access and trunking, LAG, static routing, OSPF, ACLs, WLANs, etc.)
- Infrastructure as Code and Automation (Terraform, Ansible, GitHub, Python, Bash)
- IT Infrastructure (Dell, VMWare, EC2, Azure VMs, Docker, Lambda, Fargate/ECS)
- Network Monitoring and Management (SNMP, Logic Monitor, Syslog, Netflow)
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention (Juniper, Prisma Access)
- Network Policy and Security Services