Our client is a fast growing, high tech defense consulting group seeking a sr level
program manager III with a strong background Dodi 5000.2
PPBE & Cyber Security background. Active Top Secret Clearance is required.
- The Candidate shall have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of principles, policies and practices of systems acquisition and program management, as defined in DoDI 5000.2, as well as knowledge of roles and relationships within the DoD and the Air Force to provide strategic and tactical program planning (short-term, mid-term, and long-term plans) in furthering system mission capabilities. Knowledge of JCIDS process, Middle Tier Acquisition, Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE), Government Cost Estimates and Procurement Directives necessary.
- The Candidate shall assist the program manager in assessing that program execution remains within schedule and cost baselines, be able to identify program execution risks, be able to recommend viable solutions and alternate courses of action to problems.
- The Candidate must be able to plan, research, analyze and assess system acquisition in terms of development, production, and deployment of weapons systems and associated equipment and develop plans and recommend innovative and effective strategies in meeting cost, schedule, and performance objectives.
- The Candidate plans, schedules and facilitates a variety of exchanges and meetings with the program office team, stakeholders, and industry to understand program requirements and emerging commercial technologies which may address warfighter capability gaps.
- The Candidate shall formulate, recommend, and draft the proper acquisition strategy to include developing the Acquisition Strategy brief and leading the program through the Acquisition Strategy Panel process.
- The candidate will support the development and coordination of the associated statutory and regulatory acquisition documentations required to transition through the Milestone A, B and C process.
- The Candidate will support all Acquisition Strategy reviews, develop supporting documentation, and support the Government in the development and review of draft Request for Proposal (RFP) documents.
- The Candidate shall support and develop acquisition reports, including statutory and regulatory reports (i.e. DAES, MAR, etc.); support program management reviews, senior level meeting/reviews and IMP/IMS reviews; support and develop various briefings/schedules of program status and acquisition tasks to senior management.
- Candidate shall have exposure or experience with Agile Software Development, DoDI 8000.87 (Software Acquisition Pathway) and Scrum methodologies.
- TOP SECRET Clearance required.
- Experience or exposure to JIRA and Confluence tools for program management.
- Possess experience in identifying acquisition strategy issues and proposing alternative solutions. Demonstrated experience in assisting with strategic level issues and ability to work independently as well as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- Possess proven leadership, team building, strategic planning, and organizational development skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Microsoft Project.
- Recommended Education/Experience Requirements: BA/BS, 10 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, of which 3 years must be in the DoD, or 15 years of directly related experience with proper certifications.