Reporting to the Associate Director, Information Technology, the Data Manager/Data Analytics is responsible for overseeing the development and use of company data systems and guaranteeing that all information to and from the company runs timely and securely. They will also effectively identify, analyze and translate business needs into technology and process solutions. This position can be based out of West lake Village, CA/Marlborough, MA/Danbury, CT.
- Works with other team members and business stakeholders to drive development of business analytics requirements.
- Leverages knowledge of business processes and data domain.
- Brings deep expertise in data visualization tools and techniques in translating business analytics needs into data visualization and semantic data access requirements.
- Works with various business units to facilitate technical design of complex data sourcing, transformation and aggregation logic, ensuring business analytics requirements are met.
- Leverages enterprise standard tools and platforms to visualize analytics insights, typically working with and/or leading a small team.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate information and data systems that could affect analytical results.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g., reporting tools)
- Manage integration tools and data warehouse.
- Manage and conduct data validation and troubleshooting
- Create visualizations and reports according to business requirements
- Monitoring and enhancing databases and related systems to optimize performance.
- Proactively addressing scalability and performance issues.
- Ensuring data quality and integrity while supporting large data sets.
- Debugging and resolving database reliability, integrity, and efficiency.
- As a member of the IT organization the incumbent is also expected to be customer focused, a problem solver, a communicator, professional, willing to learn, organized and a team player.
- Duties and responsibilities are not limited to the work listed above and may include other assignments as necessary.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- BS/BA Degree with minimum 3-5 years related experience in data management or analysis.
- 3+ years of experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- 3+ years of Business Intelligence / Analytics related work experience in challenging environments
- Strong understanding of modern data modelling techniques
- Strong understanding of Cloud services providers (AWS, Google, Microsoft) and how to architect solutions around them
- Ability to decipher and organize large amounts of data.
- An analytical mindset with superb communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms.
- In-depth SQL programming knowledge - partitioning, indexing, performance tuning knowledge, stored procedure, views
- Hands-on experience in developing dashboards and data visualizations using BI tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
Skills and Certifications
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No