Fast growing Long Island based Software firm seeking a Director of Software Development with at least 10 years of professional full-stack .NET Software development experience to join NY-based team. This is a leadership, management, and programming role
You will be coordinating the work of a software development team and working with our product team to determine goals and requirements. In addition to providing mentorship, guidance, and project direction for 5-10 developers, you will be contributing by working with other tech leaders in the company.
The role requires being an excellent communicator, and able to work with other tech leaders to understand our business goals and assist in creating elegant solutions that meets technical and business requirements.
Contributing to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications will be necessary to assist your team with release commitments and gain understanding of the business requirements.
Projects will span various components of our applications including our web-based and mobile applications for fleet analytics, multi-threaded data processing, and business intelligence platforms.
· Working experience with Azure/Azure DevOps in a production environment
· Working experience with Microsoft SQL Server
· 10 years of professional full-stack .NET Software development experience
· 2+ years of direct management experience of at least 5 remote and on-site developers
· Strong programming experience in full stack web application development with relational and non-relational data stores
· Expert knowledge of C# programming language
· Understand project planning and the balancing of scope, cost, schedule and risk
· Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
· Participate in cross-functional coordination, architecture discussions and prioritization planning in an agile development environment.
· Ability to articulate the technical and organizational trade-offs when planning and making decisions.
· Ensuring teams have clear priorities and adequate resources, empowering developers to self-organize and make informed decisions.
Additional desired qualifications
· Working experience with Xamarin
· Working experience with Angular/AngularJS
· Working experience with Microsoft PowerBI
· Working experience with Jira ·